banner

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cilantro Lime (Lemon) Rice

This rice was discovered by me once googling around for a different kind of rice. The cilantro addition and the lemony flavor captured me. It was then I tried it - and it is so refreshing and delicious!! I believe it is originally from Mexico.. and it can be done as a side dish anytime. This is the second time I have made it. The first I did use lime just like it says, but this time I didn't find lime at the supermarket so I just used lemon instead and the taste was still delicious!

This is the second time I have made it. The first I did use lime just like it says, but this time I didn't find lime at the supermarket so I just used lemon instead and the taste was still delicious!



Ingredients

1 cup of rice (not boiled) - Washed and drained
2 cups of water
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 handful cilantro chopped
1 lime (half lemon) juice
2 tbsp of Oil
Salt

Method

Pour oil in a deep pan and fry the onion and garlic for 4 minutes.

Add the rice and simmer for 5 seconds. Add the water and once it started to boil add the cilantro - some people leave adding the cilantro till the end but I love it this way. Add the salt and let it cook in low heat until the rice it finally cooked.

Once rice is done, add the lemon or lime juice and slowly mix it into the rice.

The smell alone is amazing!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...